ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP PROVIDING SUSTAINABLE, CUSTOMER-CENTRIC
ELECTRIC ENERGY SOLUTIONS THROUGH THE INTERACTIVE GRID
26-27 November 2019 : ICC Sydney
Why should you come to EECON 2019?
1. Get to the heart of the issues: The only electric energy conference organised by a large volunteer committee of industry professionals and academic experts.
2. Debate the issues that matter: Covering each part of the electric energy sector, EECON engages in rigorous and analytical hard hitting-discussion.
3. Understand the full picture: With three dedicated streams and numerous sessions, EECON will include presentations from all perspectives, as well as engaging panel discussions.
4. De-mystify the industry: Participate in targeted crash courses on all facets of the electric energy system – critical for students, young engineers, and those new to industry.
5. Recognise your peers and celebrate industry excellence: Attend the spectacular sit-down conference dinner, which will include the Energy Excellence Awards.
The Electric Energy Society of Australia (EESA) takes great pleasure in inviting you to EECON 2019 at the International Convention Centre in Sydney on 26th and 27th of November 2019.
The theme of EECON 2019 - our annual national conference - is “Engineering leadership providing sustainable, customer-centric electric energy solutions through the interactive grid”.
EECON 2019 will bring industry leaders to Sydney to share information on the many changes impacting electricity all participants from market operators through to customers. This conference will examine the adoption and integration of the many new technologies to deliver sustainable, affordable and reliable energy. The need for all segments of the industry to work together to deliver these outcomes for the benefit of all stakeholders will be explored.
We are expecting more than 250 delegates from all aspects of the electric energy area across Australia and overseas. Please come and join us and contribute to the discussions in the many developments occurring across all areas of the energy industry as it progresses towards improved outcomes for all participants.
The conference will include speakers across a range of subject areas including
Technology (Storage - micro to macro, Generation - new mix, new solutions, Automation - the rise of the interactive grid, Transport – EV’s and mobile storage)
Asset management (Aged assets/condition monitoring/replacement/refurbishment, Defining and planning for resilience, Designing for condition monitoring)
Regulatory environment (Customer themes, Impact of regulatory model and settings, Capital and labour productivity, Corporate governance and engineering decision-making, Stimulating R&D in a heavily regulated industry)
People issues (Safety, Change management/leadership, Enhancing productivity)
Utility evolution (Moving to a DSO model, Diversification as a solution to volatile energy revenues, The utility of the future)
System security enhancements (Dynamic Voltage Restorers, Synchronous condensers, Synchrophasors, Cyber security)
I look forward to seeing you at EECON 2019.
Jeff Allen - EESA National President
Enquiries - or call 0402 488 111
EECON 2019 produced by 2em Pty Ltd